Lucy came to visit us last week she was my piano teacher back when I was 13, I hadn't seen her in over 10 years. She came to Mexico City to visit her family, she hadn't been here in 16 years! She also attended school at the Benemerito which is now the MTC. She spent a couple of days here and it was so good to see her again!
She was so sweet and a huge blessing for me. She helped me make it to the temple and kept an eye on the baby and Ethan while I was inside. I really needed to be there I'd been feeling it for a while now. And a few weeks ago I realized we will always think there's a reason why we can't make it to the temple. The last couple months my reason was the prego belly, lack of babysitters and the new baby but I realized that we need to put those aside and find a way to go. So with a little help we made it and it worked out perfect-ish. :)
She and I braved the city roads that day. It was my first time driving without Shawn. And I didn't even know how to get home from the temple. I've gotten used to the traffic and I may have run over 1 or 2 maybe 3 red lights. I chuckled every time she made a comment about the driving because that's exactly how I was when we first got here. I hope I can re-wire my brain when we move back home! So buckle up because when you come to visit I'll probably be driving to more than the Temple and Costco.
Lucy had a blast visiting the campus. She savored every bit. We also discovered that Emerson's music teacher Manuel Othon, was also her piano teacher back in the day! She was so excited to hear about that and we arranged a reunión the day of Emerson's music lesson. It was a sweet reunión for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment