Saturday, October 19, 2013

Dia de la Independencia
We had a fun time celebrating Mexico's Independence Day, we went to our Ward party Friday night and on Saturday we had a cultural event at the MTC. Both were so much fun! The photo of our family on the top left is of us at the Ward party. I love the corn in front of Emerson's face! The lady who made the corn has a booth at the local market, her elotes were so good! I craved them for days after that party.
 
The MTC employees got to dress up for the cultural event. The boys and Shawn wore Charro suits. They looked so cute and doesn't Shawn make a good looking Mexican? I loved my outfit too. We loved watching the Ballet Folkloriko perform, when my sisters and I were younger we used to dance too. Watching this performance reminded me of those days and it really made me so happy. I really enjoyed that night and felt so much love for this place. Coming to Mexico has been one of the hardest things for us to do but it's also been the best experience yet. Enjoy the glimpses from that night.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment