Monday, June 24, 2013

La Estufa : The Stove

We got a new stove (estufa) last week. I was most excited for the oven because our old stove's oven didn't work. That is, I was most excited until I looked at it's max temperature of 250 degrees. I wondered how I would bake cakes, breads, and German pancakes if my oven only went up to 250 degrees!? I panicked a little and wished I'd picked the oven myself. I started brainstorming ways I would improvise, maybe I'd bake my cakes at the MTC's kitchen ... or next door because Sister Pratt had just made cinnamon rolls, so her oven must go beyond 250 degrees! You can just imagine how happy and relieved I was when Shawn told me the temperature readings were in Celsius. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. you would've lost the baby weight fast if you couldn't use your oven! haha. Love and miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete