Sunday, September 28, 2014
First Year
We hit our year mark and I can't believe how fast it's gone by. I look back and think about how we arrived with a baby in my belly, to a campus transitioning from a beloved high school to a new MTC. I remember the mixed emotions I felt as I came in contact with people leaving Benemerito, we got to attend a final orchestra presentation in the auditorium where we got a glimpse of all that Benemerito was known for. It was a tiny glimpse but it was beautiful.
I remember the night before the first missionaries arrived. Every employee was getting ready and working up until the wee hours of that morning. I remember heading out to the front of the MTC so we could get a glimpse of those first missionaries too. There was a camera crew interviewing President Pratt and I saw Shawn somewhere in the midst of all of it. I was very proud of him, even in the midst of all the excitement and chaos he was calm and focused.
We carried on the next few weeks, Shawn working hard and when he had free time we'd head out in our new minivan to find a hospital. Our poor boys spent many hours in the car as we drove and braved Mexico City.
It was the craziest month. And here we are a year (and some months later) still in Mexico. The MTC had about 1000 missionaries this summer. The campus is more beautiful than ever. The people I've met who work on campus have been the sweetest to our family. Each of them brighten my day more than they will ever know. I love seeing them in the comedor, in the tiendita, the ladies in the barber shop, the teachers, the maintenance guys and girls, the women cleaning the homes who wave at me as I run by with the ninos, The security guys. The Managers, assistants, and Senior couples, the Presidency and our church ward members. I need to photograph each of them. I want to always remember them.
Here's to another year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment