Saturday, February 8, 2014

Feliz Cumpleaños!

    Our boy turned 6 years old this week. We wish him the happiest birthday and year! On Tuesday night we had cake in the "comedor" with the missionaries. The chefs ordered a chocolate cake just for him and everyone dining there that night got to enjoy it! After dinner we invited the missionaries to join us as we sang Happy Birthday to him. It was so sweet, and I'm grateful we got to share that special moment with them and Emerson. 
    We invited some of our friends and his classmates to join us for a celebration today. It'd been a while since we've done something like this and I wasn't sure if I could actually do it but it came together (with the help of some angels) and it turned out to be so much fun. 
    I served triple chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, hot dogs and had fruit and vegetable trays. I found an etsy shop with ready made Star Wars (which was our theme) cupcake toppers and used them to decorate the paper goodie bags. Sister Juarez  took me to an awesome piñata shop where I found the best Darth Vader and R2D2 piñatas! My favorite part was seeing how much fun the kids had today. We made light sabers with pool noodles and duct tape, when we gave them to the kids we had a 20 man/children light saber duel. I was so glad they were made of foam because they did not hold back!
    Our little guy is growing up so fast. We are grateful to be his parents and love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment