Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Twenty-Nine

On January 7 I turned 29. My sister asked me if I had a 30 before 30 list, I didn't. Since then I started working on a list of things I'd like to do. First it was meant to be a 30 before 30, but it's gotten so long that I've called it my bucket list. One of my favorite goals is to be happy. I know, it probably sounds so cliche but I really want to live a happy life.

We celebrated my birthday in Isla Holbox. It started off with breakfast at the local French Bakery. We think the chef wakes up at 3 am to have the pastries ready by 8. We had the most amazingly, soft, fresh out of the oven - buttery croissants! The bakery always sold out by noon or 1pm, I was so impressed by this man and his business.

After that yummy breakfast, we rented a golf cart and explored the island. By the way, there are no cars on this island, just golf carts. We took the boys and my parents on a ride along the beach. It was a perfect kite boarding day and there were a lot of people boarding on the beach. It looked like so much fun, Shawn and I would love to try it someday. Long story short of why we didn't on the trip, they closed the kite boarding school.

Sometime before dinner, Shawn and the boys whipped up a birthday cake for me. It had white frosting and was served on a blue mat. They say it resembled our Isla in the middle of the ocean. It was perfect. With the help of Shawn and Stanton, Emerson gave me a shell necklace. Couldn't get any sweeter than this?!

I'm grateful I got to celebrate with the family. I thought about Mom's amazing gift for me 29 years earlier. I love Mom and Dad so much, I feel very lucky to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment