Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Nacimiento

Our baby is here! He was born on Saturday July 13, 2013. He weighed 8 1/2 lbs. and measured 20.5 in. He's adorable! He has darker hair than the boys and it's all over his body. He eats well and loves to sleep during the day and keep us up at night. :) We love him!
 
Our labor started at 3:50 am when my water broke, I hadn't felt any contractions yet but knew that would change soon. I took my time getting out the door, mostly because I wanted everything to be in order for the boys.  I left each boy a letter and I asked Shawn to put together a cardboard playhouse we'd gotten them for this occasion. Fortunately, all of that went quickly. My contracions were still not regular by the time we got to the car so I wasn't too worried. Shawn and Dad gave me a blessing and we left our boys with Mom and Dad. I'm so grateful they were here and felt at ease knowing they would be taken care of by los Abuelitos. 
 
The drive was as bumpy as always. I was tempted to count the bumps but glad I didn't. There are too many. We made it in about 40 minutes at about 6:15 am. By the time they checked me in I was dilated to a 5. Dr. Serratos requested we go to the Labor and Delivery Room equipped for a natural birth. It has a tub, yoga balls, big shower, birthing chair, etc. ...  I was excited to use all of that but really only used the shower. I may have stayed in there a little too long but it was worth it. By the time I came out I was dilated to a 10! I was also super thirsty and tired. I kept asking for wáter. It took like 2 contractions for them to get some for me!  I was also questioning whether I would make it through this or not because it was getting very painful. Kind of funny to think back on that because I was almost done!
 
 I'm so grateful for the team we'd chosen to help us deliver our baby, especially for Shawn's love and support. When the doubt started to settle in and I wondered if I'd be able to make it... Shawn, Alina (our doula), and Dr. Serratos took charge. Their support and words of encouragement helped me push through those last "5 pushes" the doctor said I had left. I still can't believe I did it, but I did! After months of anticipation and preparation for this birth, months of prayer and supplication that everything would turn out okay, he came. Our baby was here, healthy and strong. 
 
 



4 comments:

  1. So awesome! Nadia, you are superwoman!!!! Love the picture of you with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that everything went so well. I have been thinking about you guys a lot. Pretty pictures too. I'm so impressed with you and your little family in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you family for letting me be a witness and support this beautiful miracle of life.
    Love to all
    Alina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for letting me, be a witness and support this beautiful miracle or life.
    Love

    ReplyDelete